Many people are irritated when they see a house fly around. And since you are reading this article now, we assume that you are one of them and that you badly want to know how to get rid of flies. Their presence alone is really annoying but if you know the infectious diseases they carry, you will surely want to eliminate all of them inside your home. But before eliminating them, you may want to know some facts about them:
- There are 100,000+ species of flies known and studied by experts and only God knows how many more are not yet discovered.
- If one of your family members is suffering from typhoid and paratyphoid fever, it’s probably because your home or an environment near your home is infested with flies.
- Aside from typhoid and paratyphoid fever, experts say that flies are also carrying diseases like diarrhea and dysentery, cholera, conjunctivitis, and many more.
- Flies also carry eggs of parasitic worms.
- Have you heard of Sand Flies? This specie is typically found in South America, Africa, and Europe. Studies show that Sand Flies are known carriers of a specific type of micro-organism that causes Leishmaniasis. It is a severe disease eating away human skin.
Aside from flies, another pest that we don’t want inside our home is ants. They do not usually carry infectious diseases like flies but we still want to get rid of them because of so many reasons. Below are some facts about ants you might want to know:
- 12,000+ species of ants are known to mankind.
- An ant can lift things heavier than its body weight. In fact, it can lift things 20 times heavier than its weight. And if a child in second grade is as strong as an ant, that child would be able to lift a small car.
- Ants are not blessed with ears but they can follow other ants’ trails by feeling the vibrations in the ground with the help of their feet. Ants also leave a pheromone trail if they want other ants to follow them.
- Ants are social insects and they do not commonly fight each other. But when they do, it is usually to death.
- Ants live in colonies and each colony has a queen. Queen ants have wings; they are shedding those wings when they are starting a new nest.
If you really want to know how to get rid of ants, flies, and other pests, you should contact the professionals in the field of pest control. Just click the 2 links in this article to learn more about our company and how we can help you with all of your pest control needs. Contact us and you may rest assured that your home will be pest-free in no time.