If you are oblivious to the many wonders of a Dubai evening desert safari tour, you should know that this excursion takes you in the middle of the desert and lets you sneak a glimpse into the desert life. Going up and down undulating sand dunes would remind you of a bumpy, yet exhilarating, roller coaster ride. A plethora of tour operators offer you a chance to delve in the thrilling desert safari experience.
Only 4×4 Land Cruisers are allowed to traverse through the rolling dunes, offering you a once-in-a-lifetime experience. These heavy vehicles are driven by professional, expert drivers who know their way around the deserts. Safari expeditions let you encounter the real beauty of deserts and are a lot of fun. You can simply revel in your lovely surroundings and capture photographs during the trip, and skimp on sand dune bashing altogether if you are not one to stomach bumpy rides.
Thing to Consider While Choosing Your Desert Safari:
- Only look for reputed tour operators when planning a city tour in Dubai.
- Your tour itinerary should be chosen diligently. While there are a plethora of available options, select ones that augment the thrill of your experience. At the time of booking, most companies let you customize your tour a little, such as specifying any dietary constraints.
- Sand dune bashing promises a bumpy ride. So while this activity is open to all age groups, only choose it if you are up for it.
- The excursion is bound to leave you covered in sand from head to toe, so refrain from wearing fancy clothes.
- The famed belly dancers and the alcoholic beverages are not available during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. So book with this consideration in mind.
- Dune bashing is not permitted for children less than 3 years of age, elderly people with cardiac issues, and pregnant women.
Popular Camp Activities
An evening desert safari takes off in the late afternoon and lasts way into the night. While the tour operator takes you to the final destination which is either a camp site or a camel farm, you can stop over at various photo-stops along the way and capture the stunning beauty of the rolling dunes. You can also witness the golden sunset during breaks. You can opt for quad biking, sand boarding, or a camel ride as well. In the evening, you are treated to shisha and a scrumptious barbecue dinner, and even enjoy the ‘pay per drink’ bar of the camp. Later, you can feast your eyes on the graceful and exotic belly dancing by famed Arabic dancers.